Mikisa School, Karen, located along Mukinduri Rd, Off Langata Rd, is a Christian based school that utilizes the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Curricula. The school encourages students to take personal responsibility to actualize their academic potential.
An oasis where young lives are transformed through a wholesome education to positively influence society.
To train youth of every ability in the highest principles of Christian Leadership, Individual Responsibility, Self-Discipline, Personal Integrity, and Citizenship.
- Excellence - We offer quality education that helps students develop various attributes and skills.
- Character - As a Christian School, we are determined to model students' behaviours which promote Christ-like character and influences them to make the right decisions in all areas of life.
- Integrity - We have created a culture that allows teachers to train students on integrity moral behaviour. This highly influences the way they treat each other at home and in school.
- Accountability - We train our students to understand and accept responsibility for their actions in learning and overall academic performance.
- Individuality- At Mikisa School, we offer education based on individual needs and abilities which helps our teachers to understand students' differences and give appropriate help.
- Community - At Mikisa, we have laid a foundation that encourages a Christian way of living by showing love care and kindness to each person.
Statement of Faith
At Mikisa Schools we believe in:
- The inspiration of the Bible, equally in all parts and without error in its origin;
- The one God, as manifested in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Who created man by a direct act;
- The pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to heaven, and the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ;
- The fall of man, the need of regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace, and the resurrection of all to life or damnation;
- Fallen man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ and is evidenced inwardly by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:16) and outwardly through a life of righteousness and true holiness.
- The spiritual relationship of believers in Christ, living a life of righteous works, separated from the world, and witnessing of His saving grace; and
- The infilling of the Holy Spirit for all believers, with the evidence of speaking with other tongues, and the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit with signs following them that believe.
- Marriage is a God ordained institution between a man and a woman and is legitimate only as such.
Mikisa Schools Education Philosophy
Mikisa Schools ascribes to the philosophy of Bible–based instruction, phonics, mastery–based learning, and individualization.
Mikisa School is an extension of Christian homes, and its function is to support and aid the parents in the training of their sons and daughters for this present world and eternal life. Our Learning Center Supervisors and Monitors work closely with parents to train the whole child as well as encouraging students to honor their parents.